1. Newtons (http://www.newtonrunning.com/) – I can’t say enough about these shoes, literally I have never had a bad workout wearing them. Compared to other shoes they have ..
- lower impact at foot strike, reducing risk of injury.
- greater energy return, resulting in greater running efficiency.
- better cushioning
2. My ipod – keeps me thoroughly entertained when running alone. It also makes it easier to run fast 🙂 My favorite song to run to right now = Fuck You.. caught my self singing to it in the last mile of my progression run today!
3. Arizona – definitely the best place to run during the winter. Being from NY I cherish the great weather and lack of snow covering the trails. BTW… Molly Huddle trained here last year (if it’s good enough for the American Record Holder in the 5k, it’s good enough for me)!
4. Having good workouts – I’m a bit nerdy, so I charted the paces of my long progression runs (6-7 miles) during the last 2 months. Today I ran 56 seconds faster than last week, which was already 42 seconds faster than the week before!
5. Powerbar Energy Blasts – comprised of 2:1 glucose to fructose blend which delivers 20-50% more energy to muscles than glucose alone and can improve endurance performance by 8%!!! Also, the strawberry banana flavor has caffeine too 🙂
6. Garmin – the only way I’m able to workout solo. On workout days it keeps me honest instead of just thinking I was going hard and on recovery days it slows me down, making sure I don’t get ahead of myself. Also, I love being able to run a new route or from a different place and know exactly how far I’ve gone. I honestly never leave for a run without it!
7. Nike gear – LOVE IT!!! That big swoosh, perfect fit, stylish… LOVE IT!!!
“There are clubs you can’t belong to, neighborhoods you can’t live in, schools you can’t get into, but the roads are always open.” – Nike