I love to travel! When I was younger my family took a vacation every year, allowing me to see some amazing places, like Australlia (twice), New Zealand, Alaska, Spain, Mexico, the Bahamas, the Virgin Islands, Hawaii (5 times!), Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, and much more. My mom wanted my sister and I to explore the land and learn the culture. She believed that part of the adventure and beauty of a certain place lied in its way of life. Although I don’t think my mom envisioned this happening, I think the frequent vacations have led to me being somewhat of a nomad. A nomad that enjoys and embraces each cities culture, of course.
|Chompie’s Ultimate Slider Challenge|
1. Meet Larry Fitzgerald, my favorite NFL player.
2. Hike Camelback (all of it – last time I tried my dog got so tired I had to carry him back to the car).
3. Run/start/watch the Rock ‘N’ Roll Arizona Marathon & Half Marathon.
4. Run/hike all the way up to Dobbins Lookout, an elevation of 2,330 ft.
5. Attempt the Ultimate Slider Challenge at Chompies – 12 New York-style sliders, each loaded with lean brisket, mini potato pancakes, and Jack cheese, plus a side of brown gravy and a mountain of fried onion strings. This dish weighs a total of 5 pounds! It sounds sick, but I actually think I can do this – after a long run I could eat carbs all day long! Thankfully, for running, I don’t do that – not anymore at least.
6. Dine at Pizzeria Bianco, rated the “best pizza in America”.
On a side note (although it’s not just a side note in my head), my next race is in less than a week! Erin Donohue (a 2008 Olympian) and Desiree Davila (who beat me at Club XC and has the fastest marathon time for an American this year) will be in the race too! My goal is to hang with them as long as I possibly can. More to come on the race soon!
“There is one big push waiting inside you. Just keep going, keep walking” – Haile Gebrselassie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fgJANPZSuw)